Friday, April 1, 2011

Hyphae?

Sorry for the delay, this week was busy. I'm going to start posting more frequently now, even if it means shorter posts, I will try to have at least something new twice a week.
When I started this blog, I had no idea what to title it. I looked around the internets trying to find some inspiration, but sadly, nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for. One night while I was reading a biology book, I came across the term hyphae (singular, hypha)- tiny filaments in continuous network that compose a mushroom and its subterranean mycelium. This word seemed oddly interesting to me, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Besides sounding cool, I guess it could have a somewhat of a metaphorical meaning. Through the posts in this blog, I want to create a network that represents me and my interests. Each piece of information that I put up will hopefully represent a part of me, be it a part that I try to make express to everyone I meet, or a part that I still do not know about.  And Mighty just seemed like a cool word with assonance, which, from what I've seen, seems almost essential in a blog title.
Thanks

2 comments: