Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Deustchland

Today I finished sorting some things out and now its official, I'm going to Germany (and possibly other parts of Europe) this summer. I am so excited to travel and explore, seeing/tasting/learning what Germany has to offer. I can imagine it now, stumbling into the beer hall only to be greeted by the welcoming music of a jolly band of Germans and their oompa music, quickly joining in the festivities of a weekend in Munich with a beer in one hand and a pretzel/bratwurst in the other. This will be a true experience for me because, after taking German in school for about 5 years, I will be put to the ultimate test by attempting to fully immerse myself in the culture. So far, the only set plans set in stone are my plane flight into Munich and my plane flight home, everything else is able to be changed. I personally love not having any plans because I will have a chance to truly explore and live Europe, not worrying about only being able to see what I can in the free time I allot myself in between check ins on an itinerary. I will probably be posting more about this in the next few months (I leave in mid July) for the sake of keeping people updated and to possibly ask for specific advice, but until then, I will continue to enjoy my dreams of a delightful Deutschland summer.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, I've had a few friends who have gone. Apparently, despite it being Germany, they are pretty English language friendly.

    ReplyDelete